- Dip switch frequency selection, 25 kHz resolution. Easy dip switch chart on website.
- Allows pilots to remotely control airport lighting by keying microphone 3, 5, or 7 times
The R122 Aviation Receiver is our second generation, commercial-grade, receiver used by many hundreds of airports to control runway lights. It has optimum sensitivity and selectivity and an improved carrier detection system.
The R122 is ideal for operation at small airports to provide pilot control of lighting. It builds on proven frequency synthesized receiver technology Hamtronics® vhf and uhf fm repeater receivers have been noted for. Onboard squelch adjustment control sets signal strength threshold for carrier detection. The R122 has one microcontroller to run the frequency synthesizer and a second micro which is responsible for watching the squelch to determine what is happening on the air. It can be programmed to respond in various ways.
- Runway lights may be controlled in varying intensities by keying the microphone 3, 5, or 7 times in a 5-second period.
- Lights remain on for a programmable period of time, usually 15 minutes.
- Dip switch programming options allow for change in intensity after initial turn-on and allow for flashing the lights during the last minute before they turn off.
- Three open-collector switching transistors able to sink up to 50 mA to ground on circuits up to 15Vdc. Used to turn on relays to control runway lights.
- Front panel LED indicates when carrier is detected.
- Second LED indicates when lights have been activated at any intensity.
Note that the R122 uses LED's to indicate carrier detection.
- Frequency range: 118-137 MHz
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz. Frequency set with dip switch; (repeaking coils required for freq change more than 2 MHz)
- Squelch (carrier detection) sensitivity: adjustable 2-35 µV
- 12 dB sinad: 2.5 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: 60 dB
- Image rejection: 40dB (at +900kHz)
- Other spurious rejection: 50 dB
- Temp stability: ±10ppm +20 to +30° C; ±20ppm -30 to +50deg C.
- Control outputs: three separately controlled open-collector switching transistors able to sink up to 50 mA to ground on circuits up to 15Vdc. External relays can be controlled for high current loads.
- Antenna connector: RCA jack on pcb (50 ohms). Can be extended to a uhf jack on a cabinet.
- Power and control connections: solder terminals on pc board
- Size: 4 in wide, 2.75 in deep, 1.25 in high.
- Operating Power: +13.6Vdc +-10% at approx. 45mA
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
R122 Receiver PCB Module, wired/tested.... $249.00
Some retuning is necessary when changing frequencies. Please specify frequency desired and we will align it for you.
Click here for tuning tools and RCA plugs & cable to connect to board.
A40 115VAC/12Vdc Power Adapter to power this unit ...$10.00
A95 Solid State Relay to switch 115Vac up to 10Amp $29.50
A7 Whip Antenna. Rubberized whip antenna, made for aircraft band. Size 20.5" long. Can mount on any BNC style jack. $10.00