- Dip switch frequency selection, 25 kHz resolution. Easy dip switch chart on website.
- Allows pilots to remotely control airport lighting by keying microphone 3, 5, or 7 times
- Available for various portions of the uhf aircraft band.
The R317 Aviation Receiver is our third generation, commercial-grade, receiver used by many hundreds of airports to control runway lights. Like the R123 vhf receiver, the R317 has an improved carrier detection system. Based on the popular R123 and R306 Receivers, the R317 has enhanced adjacent channel selectivity, sensitivity, and frequency stability. It is truly a premium-grade design.
The R317 is ideal for operation at small airports and heliports to provide pilot control of lighting. It builds on proven frequency synthesized receiver technology Hamtronics® vhf and uhf fm repeater receivers have been noted for. On board squelch adjustment control sets signal strength threshold for carrier detection. The R317 has a microcontroller to run the frequency synthesizer and to monitor the squelch to determine what is happening on the air.
- Runway lights may be controlled in varying intensities by keying the microphone 3, 5, or 7 times in a 5-second period.
- Lights remain on for a period of time, usually 15 minutes.
- Three open-collector switching transistors able to sink up to 50 mA to ground on circuits up to 15Vdc. Used to turn on solid state relays to control runway lights.
- Front panel LED indicates when carrier is detected.
- Second LED indicates when lights have been activated at any intensity.
- Switch selected option can be set to allow changes to lights after the inital turn on.
- Frequency range: 225-400 MHz overall possible. (Higher or lower frequencies available on request.) Let us know what you need. (We may use a modified R123 vhf receiver for frequencies at the low end of the band.)
- Channel spacing: 25 kHz. Frequency set with dip switch; (repeaking coils required for freq change more than 2 MHz)
- Squelch (carrier detection) sensitivity: adjustable 0.3 - 2.0 µV
- 12 dB sinad: 0.3 µV
- Adjacent channel selectivity: >100 dB
- Image rejection: 60-70 dB (at +900kHz)
- Temp. stability: : ±2ppm -30°to +60°C
- Control outputs: three separately controlled open-collector switching transistors able to sink up to 50 mA to ground on circuits up to 15Vdc. External solid state relays can be controlled for high current loads.
- Antenna connector: RCA jack on pcb (50 ohms). Can be extended to a jack on your cabinet. See accessories for mating plug and cable.
- Audio output: receiver has an FM detector for optimum carrier detection, so you can connect a speaker to listen for activity or interference, but it does not detect AM audio used by aircraft.
- Power and control connections: solder terminals on pc board
- Size: 4 in wide, 3 in deep, 1.25 in high.
- Operating Power: +13.6Vdc +-10% at approx. 50mA
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
R317 Receiver PCB Module, wired/tested.... $349.00
Note: Price shown for stock units which cover frequencies near 400MHz. Other frequency require surcharge to cover modifications.
Download the complete instruction manual here to see complete details on what is required for installation.